Thursday, September 17, 2009

Oi...

Today I encountered a rubbish beggar.

She was sitting next to a row of cash points. Rather than meekly asking for money, or starting up a conversation she just shouted:

"Oi, YOU GOT ANY MONEY?" 

She was a bit frightening and so I politely ignored her. Then she screeched once again

"Oi, YOU GOT ANY MONEY?" I shrugged.

"Oi" She jumped up and I flinched. "Oi" She shouted again. I smiled at her trying not to look too middle class and scared. "Not you love" she pushed me out of the way and headed towards a long haired Frenchmen "Can I buy a fag off you?" She stood inches from his face and whilst she phrased it as a question it was  in fact a demand. 

The Frenchmen looked at her, shrugged and with cigarette stuck to his bottom lip mumbled nonchalantly  "Non, you can 'ave one". (This is a dead description because surely everything a French person mumbles is nonchalant)

"Cheers mate" She said before returning to her concrete sofa and shouting "Oi, YOU GOT ANY MONEY?"

No comments: