Thursday, July 16, 2009

Sort of like Romeo

I was sitting on the 236 bus when my eye was drawn to an old man standing on the third floor balcony of a tower block. The man was chatting to his son, enjoying a can of special brew wearing nothing but his underpants. The son was fully clothed in a navy track suit and there they stood leaning over the railings passing the time of day, watching the world go by, drinking beer in various states of dress and undress. 

I stared at them quite rudely believing myself to be invisible behind the obviously transparent bus window- I didn't realise they were watching me watching them- perhaps that's the definition of snobbery. 

The old man with his sinuous limbs and lank yellow hair that stuck to his fore head and cheeks like a veil  reminded me of Iggy Pop. The son had just the same face as the father; both wore an expression of acceptance mixed with disillusion.

After a few seconds Iggy Pop raised his can in the air, nodded and I think...although it was quite far away, winked suggestively at me. 

Another eligible suitor for my collection; and they say its hard to meet men in London!

1 comment:

GoneToEarth said...

more i say! i want more, more often.